This spinach dip recipe is the proper addition to any celebration or appetizer desk.
Spinach is blended right into a creamy base with chopped water chestnuts, and inexperienced onions for a basic dip that’s full of taste and straightforward to make!
Use it to fill a loaf of sourdough bread and even mini rolls as little bowls! Serve it chilly with chips, crackers, veggies, or garlic crostini.
A Occasion Favourite
As a lot as I really like an excellent hot spinach artichoke dip, this chilly spinach dip requires no baking.
- This can be a model of the Knorr spinach dip recipe – deliciously well-known for good purpose!
- This recipe makes use of easy elements with plenty of room for variations.
Components for Spinach Dip
- Mayonnaise & Bitter Cream: I begin with mayonnaise and bitter cream. To loosen up this spinach dip, swap out the bitter cream with plain Greek yogurt. Lowered-fat mayonnaise can be utilized as effectively.
- Spinach: Use frozen chopped spinach that has been thawed and squeezed to take away extra liquid. You’ll be able to substitute frozen spinach with fresh – prepare dinner 1 pound of contemporary spinach, cool, chop & squeeze it to take away moisture.
- Water Chestnuts – These add nice crunch and somewhat texture – substitute them with diced celery or bell peppers if wanted.
- Inexperienced Onions – Add taste and may be changed with chives. Different uncooked onions are too sturdy for this dip, so when you don’t have them, simply go away them out.
- Seasoning: The key ingredient is the seasoning for this dip is a packet of Knorr vegetable soup mix (Lipton makes one as effectively). It’s added dry and seasons this dip – no want for extra salt.
Variations: To alter it up, stir in chopped artichoke hearts, some mozzarella cheese or perhaps a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
How To Make Spinach Dip
This can be a chilly spinach dip recipe and infrequently served in a “bread bowl”.
- Mix the elements per the recipe under.
- Cowl with plastic wrap and chill within the fridge in a bowl for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Spoon right into a bread bowl simply earlier than serving.
You’ll be able to skip the bread bowl and serve it with pita chips, pretzels, or tortilla chips if desired.
Easy methods to Serve Spinach Dip
Occasion Favourite: Choose a loaf of crusty bread and lower off the highest. Use a knife to hole out the center (save the bread within the center). Simply earlier than serving, fill the bread with spinach dip. Reduce the highest of the loaf and the bread from the middle into cubes for dipping.
For particular person servings, use small dinner rolls and hole them out for mini spinach dip bowls. That is additionally nice served with crackers or toasted sliced baguette.
Maintain it low carb and serve with veggies for dipping. Broccoli, mini cucumbers, carrot sticks, or celery sticks make nice dippers.
Did you make this Spinach Dip? Be sure you go away a ranking and a remark under!
Straightforward Spinach Dip
A easy creamy spinach dip recipe, good for any celebration or potluck!
Thaw 10 ounces of frozen chopped spinach. Squeeze the thawed spinach or place it in a wonderful mesh strainer and press with a spoon to take away as a lot liquid as attainable.
Drain the water chestnuts and finely chop.
In a medium bowl, mix spinach, water chestnuts, bitter cream, mayonnaise, and dry vegetable soup combine. Stir till effectively mixed.
Cowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or as much as 24 hours earlier than serving.
To make a bread bowl, lower 1-inch off the highest of a loaf of sourdough bread and use a serrated knife to take away the middle, leaving a 1-inch thick bread bowl.
Fill the bread bowl with the spinach dip simply earlier than serving. Reduce each the highest and heart of the bread into 1-inch cubes for dipping.
Contemporary spinach – To exchange frozen spinach with contemporary, take away the stems from 1 pound of contemporary spinach. Place it in a big non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon of water and prepare dinner over medium till the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes. Cool, chop, and squeeze dry.
Serving – Spinach dip may be served in a serving bowl with crackers, tortilla chips, or crostini.
For particular person servings, use small dinner rolls and hole them out for mini spinach dip bowls.
Storage – Maintain leftover spinach dip in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Energy: 174 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 16g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2290IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.