Selfmade Hamburger Helper is a 30-minute meal that’s filled with tacky beef and pasta.
Skip the boxed combine; this home made model is fast to make. Floor beef and pasta are simmered in wealthy tacky sauce for a straightforward one-pan meal.
An Straightforward One-Pan Dish
- One-pot hamburger helper is a straightforward recipe made with healthful pantry elements.
- Combine and match the macaroni shells, the cheese, or the meat to create a brand new recipe each time!
- This budget-friendly recipe is an effective way to make use of up leftovers or sneak in veggies for these choosy eaters!
- It’s simple to double up and benefit from the subsequent day for lunch or dinner once more!
- Bulk it up much more and serve it over homemade mashed potatoes.
Elements in Hamburger Helper
This home made hamburger helper recipe turns a childhood favourite into a straightforward home made meal.
Floor Beef – Use lean floor beef (80/20) for the most effective taste – make sure to drain any fats after cooking. You should use floor turkey or floor hen; nevertheless, you would possibly want so as to add further seasoning.
Broth/Milk – The broth provides taste, milk provides richness, whereas tomato paste provides taste. Change beef broth with hen broth if wanted.
Seasonings – The sauce is seasoned with chili powder and onion powder. Be at liberty so as to add some garlic powder or taco seasoning to make your individual model of hamburger helper. Italian herbs are one other welcome addition.
Pasta – Select small to medium measurement pasta like shells, elbow macaroni, or penne. Relying on the kind of pasta, you might want a little bit bit kind of broth and/or cooking time.
Cheese – Use sharp cheddar cheese for the most effective taste (pre-shredded works simply high quality on this recipe).
Variations and Additions
- Cook dinner contemporary onions and/or garlic when browning the meat.
- Stir in contemporary veggies like diced celery, chopped tomatoes, or sliced mushrooms.
- Stir in ½ cup of heavy cream rather than a number of the milk for added richness.
- Stir in ½ cup of bitter cream after eradicating from the warmth for a little bit tang.
Tips on how to Make Selfmade Hamburger Helper
- Brown the meat in a deep skillet or Dutch oven per the recipe beneath.
- Add the sauce elements and dry pasta. Simmer till the pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheese cheese.
Leftover Hamburger Helper
- Maintain leftover hamburger helper in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days and reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Leftovers will be saved within the freezer for 4 months in an hermetic container. Thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
Did your loved ones love this home made Hamburger Helper? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
This simple tacky household favourite is a one-pot meal with tender pasta and floor beef in a wealthy zesty sauce.
In a 12-inch skillet, cook dinner the bottom beef over medium excessive warmth till no pink stays whereas breaking apart with a spoon. Drain any fats.
Add the 1 ¾ cups beef broth, milk, tomato sauce, onion powder, chili powder, and salt. Deliver to a boil.
Add the pasta and canopy. Cut back the warmth to medium low and let simmer lined, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook dinner for a further 2 to 4 minutes or till the pasta is tender, including extra liquid as wanted.
Take away from the warmth and relaxation uncovered for five minutes. Add the cheese and stir till melted. Style and season with further salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir often to maintain the pasta from sticking to the underside of the pan.
- Relying on the kind of pasta, you might want additional broth or cooking time.
- Take away from the warmth earlier than including cheese.
- The sauce will thicken because it rests.
Energy: 532 | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 43g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1096mg | Potassium: 1071mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 4mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.