This blueberry crumble recipe is the right dessert for recent or frozen berries!
Contemporary blueberries are calmly sweetened and sprinkled with an excellent simple brown sugar streusel topping. It’s all baked till golden and bubbly for a candy deal with any time of yr.
Prime with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and revel in!
Simple Blueberry Crumble
A ‘crumble’ is a fruit dessert with a streusel topping, not like a ‘crisp’, which has a crunchy topping normally made with oats and nuts. A ‘cobbler’, has a dough or biscuit-style topping. Crumbles have fewer components, making them sooner and simpler.
- No want to organize a pie crust or assemble a cake. Simply toss some fruit, sprinkle on the streusel topping, and prepare dinner! So simple!
- This fast and simple summer season dessert is appropriate for any event!
- Make blueberry crumble with recent or frozen blueberries. So easy and fast.
Components for Blueberry Crumble
This fast and simple recipe may be adjusted to suit all types of various fruits, recent or frozen.
Blueberries: Contemporary or frozen blueberries can be utilized on this recipe. Search for entire, agency berries, and make sure you take away the tiny stems when you see them. A sprinkle of all-purpose flour helps to thicken the juices within the pan.
Topping: Flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon is all you’ll have to make a crispy, crumbly topping. Be at liberty to make use of your favourite gluten-free flour and sugar-free sweetener.
- Combine and match blueberries with different recent or frozen berries, rhubarb, apples, peaches, or pears.
- Add just a little little bit of recent lemon juice or lemon zest with the berries.
- Old school oats may be combined into the crumble combination.
How one can Make Blueberry Crumble
- Put together topping (as per the recipe under) and chill within the fridge till prepared to make use of.
- Toss blueberries with flour and sugar and place in a baking dish.
- Prime crumble with streusel topping and bake till the fruit is bubbly and the highest is golden brown.
- Serve heat with ice cream.
PRO TIP: Chill the topping so it doesn’t soften whereas the blueberry filling is being ready.
Storing Blueberry Crumble
- Maintain leftover blueberry crumble coated within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Take pleasure in it chilly, or reheat it within the microwave.
- A baked crumble may be frozen (as soon as chilled) for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating. Or freeze an unbaked crumble separate from the streusel topping. Thaw, prime, and bake as directed.
- Leftover blueberry crumble may be combined in a bowl and pressed right into a casserole dish and frozen to make grab-and-go blueberry bars!
Did your loved ones love this Blueberry Crumble? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!
Loaded with blueberries and topped with a cinnamon-sugar streusel, this blueberry crumble is the right summer season dessert!
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping.
Utilizing a pastry cutter, reduce within the chilly, cubed butter till it begins to stay collectively, about 3 to 4 minutes. If the combination is powdery it must be combined extra. Refrigerate whereas making ready the blueberries.
In a 9×9-inch dish or a 2 qt baking dish, mix blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and a pair of tablespoons flour. Place in a 2qt baking dish.
Sprinkle the crumble topping over the blueberry combination and bake for 35-40 minutes or till the highest is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly.
Serve heat with ice cream.
- When incorporating the butter into the topping combination, combine till you see pea-sized clumps or barely bigger. This ensures an ideal crumbly texture.
- Leftover blueberry crumble may be stored in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Take pleasure in it chilly, or reheat it within the microwave.
Energy: 374 | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 16g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 540IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.