Sharing the outcomes of my IgG food sensitivity test, in addition to execs and cons of this testing methodology.
Hello pals! How’s the day going up to now? I hope that you just’re having an excellent one! At this time, I’m engaged on podcast stuff (new episode tomorrow) and assembly up with a buddy for lunch.
For as we speak’s submit, I needed to share a bit extra about my private well being journey and one of many steps within the course of: meals sensitivity testing. After I first enrolled within the IHP program (you can check out my review of level 1 here and level 2 here), I knew that I’d love to have the ability to assist pals and shoppers in a completely totally different, extra customized method. I had no thought how a lot this data would assist me on a private stage, too.
By means of my information in IHP and testing talents, I’ve been in a position to uncover some root causes and I’m engaged on rebalancing my physique by means of eradicating the toxicities and restoring deficiencies.
At-home IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at Evaluation (and my outcomes)
The nutshell model:
– Final spring, I had horrible pink eye which became a trigger for constant eye issues – watering, tremendous crimson, itchy, mucus-y eyes. I couldn’t put on contacts for nearly three months. I’ve tried just about the entire pharmacy eye section :/
– I noticed many eye medical doctors who have been unable to assist me (they simply needed to throw the kitchen sink of eyedrops and prescriptions at me, and nothing helped) – I lastly discovered a dry eye specialist who was in a position to give me an motion plan and my eyes improved tremendously
– I did blood work with my PCP to test fundamental markers and irritation, and two markers for Lupus came back positive, which defined the joint ache I had in my fingers and the unusual rashes I’ve had over time. At any time when I’ve been beneath intervals of maximum or prolonger stress, I’d get a rash, and my fingers would usually ache at evening, which I had attributed to typing a lot.
– I immediately went into check and study mode, doing an HTMA test, Candida Metabolic and Vitamins Test, and Food Sensitivity test. (When you’re interested in testing, e-mail me – I can get higher costs than what is obtainable on the web site.) The attention points (which I believe are partially an allergy response) + autoimmune signs instructed me one thing was seemingly occurring in my intestine, so I used to be curious to see if I had any yeast, micro organism, and Candida overgrowth (I had all three) and the way my physique was responding to emphasize. I used to be nutrient poor in a number of markers, and likewise had some elevated heavy metals.
– I labored for months to get the irritation down in my physique, and in December, the Lupus markers have been damaging!!! YAYYYYY! Whereas I used to be by no means formally identified with Lupus – I used to be ready to see Rheumatology till I may get some solutions and retest and since my signs have been beneath control- this simply tells me that the irritation is certainly down, so good issues throughout.
– I’ve made some enormous life-style and eating regimen modifications, and my meals sensitivity check was to see if I used to be consuming something that may be inflicting extra irritation. In as we speak’s submit, I’ll share the method, outcomes, and the dear data I gained from this at-home check.
*A pleasant reminder that I’m NOT a physician and these exams don’t diagnose, deal with, forestall, or remedy sickness. They’re to offer details about your distinctive physique so you may work with a practitioner to create a customized motion plan.*
My IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at Outcomes
What’s an IgG Response?
IgG, or immunoglobulin G, is an antibody current in our immune system. IgG reactions happen when the physique identifies particular meals as threats, triggering an immune response that may result in a variety of signs. These reactions are totally different from speedy, allergy-type responses (like hives, anaphylaxis, extreme itching, and so on) and are sometimes related to delayed signs, making them difficult to pinpoint with out specialised testing.
The At-Residence IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at:
The IgG Food Sensitivity Test is a handy at-home testing methodology designed to determine potential meals sensitivities. The method sometimes entails a easy blood pattern, which could be collected utilizing a finger-prick equipment offered by the testing service. I’ll be sharing screenshots of my check outcomes to offer a clear look into this expertise.
Advantages of the IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at:
The check gives customized insights into your physique’s particular reactions to a variety of meals. This data empowers you to make knowledgeable dietary decisions tailor-made to your distinctive wants. This explicit check is for 190 of the commonest meals and spices!
Figuring out Hidden Triggers:
Not like speedy allergic reactions, IgG reactions are sometimes delayed, making it difficult to determine set off meals. The check helps uncover potential hidden culprits contributing to numerous well being points.
Understanding and addressing meals sensitivities can contribute to the administration of varied signs, similar to bloating, fatigue, pores and skin points, mind fog, anxiousness, and digestive discomfort.
Armed with information about your physique’s reactions, you may optimize your diet by deciding on meals that assist your total well-being and decrease the danger of triggering inflammatory responses.
Focused Elimination Diets:
The check outcomes can information the implementation of focused elimination diets. By quickly eradicating recognized set off meals, you may assess the impression in your signs and progressively reintroduce meals based mostly in your physique’s responses. Relying on the severity, you’ll both take away the meals for six weeks, 12 weeks or 6 months, after which progressively add the meals again in, to see how your physique responds.
Cons of At-home Meals Sensitivity Testing:
Whereas meals sensitivity testing has gained recognition as a possible instrument for understanding particular person reactions to sure meals, it’s important to acknowledge among the criticisms and considerations surrounding these exams. Critics argue that the scientific validity and reliability of many industrial meals sensitivity exams are debatable. The primary critique stems from the range of immune responses and the complexity of the human physique’s response to totally different meals.
Moreover, the idea of IgG reactions as indicators of meals sensitivities will not be universally accepted inside the medical and scientific communities. Some argue that elevated IgG ranges could not essentially correlate with adversarial reactions and may fluctuate between people with out obvious signs. Furthermore, the dynamic nature of the immune system makes it difficult to determine definitive cause-and-effect relationships between particular meals and well being points. It’s essential for people contemplating meals sensitivity testing to method it with a essential mindset, recognizing its limitations and consulting healthcare professionals for a complete analysis of their well being considerations.
On this submit, I’ll stroll you thru my private expertise with the IgG Food Sensitivity Test, sharing the meals that triggered reactions, my preliminary reactions, and the way I’ve adjusted my eating regimen based mostly on the outcomes. I assumed it will be useful for my pals on the market who’re contemplating this, or who’re on the same journey.
For this check, you need to have a mixture of meals in your system, particularly meals that you just suppose could also be problematic (however ARE NOT allergic to. If you realize you’re allergic to walnuts, steer clear of walnuts). Dr. Cabral recommends an egg sandwich with cheese a couple of days earlier than testing. I needed this check to be consultant of how I eat, which for now, excuses gluten and dairy. I reduce these out after I went down the Lupus rabbit gap as a couple of books really helpful skipping gluten and dairy when you have autoimmune signs. I seen an enormous enchancment in my joint ache and my eyes.
I had a couple of bites of birthday cake a couple of days earlier than the check, and gluten was elevated, which verifies that it’s not the only option for me proper now.
My numbers have been additionally barely elevated for almonds, egg whites, and yogurt, which was shocking for me.
I’ve been bummed to study by means of this expertise that I can’t have eggs on a regular basis like I used to till I heal my intestine. I solely have them about as soon as per week now and revel in each chunk!! As soon as my intestine is healed, the concept is that I’ll be capable of add again dairy, gluten, and extra frequent eggs, checking for reactions alongside the best way.
The check additionally consists of pattern meal rotations to assist embody a wide range of meals and probably scale back damaging reactions and responses to numerous meals.
This entire course of has been very enlightening and informative, and I’m excited to share extra alongside the best way.
When you’re keen on useful testing, ship me an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org topic TESTING and I’d love to assist!